The Events at Appalachian calendar provides a comprehensive listing of university events that are either open to the public or are of interest to the wider campus community. Personal and private event calendars use Google Calendar.
The calendar is administered by University Communications who reserves the right to remove event listings or users that do not comply with these guidelines and to update the guildelines as needed. For more information, please contact us.
Searching and Filtering Events
To search for specific events, type in event keywords or phrases into the Search box. To make browsing events easier, choose an event category in the Filter by Category box.
In order to be included on the calendar, an event must meet the each of the following four criteria:
- the event is either open to the public; is not open to the public but is of interest to a sub-set of University faculty, staff, and students; or impacts the University in terms of parking, hotel space, or general traffic flow.
- the event is sponsored by an officially recognized University department, unit, program, or organization.
- the event sponsor has confirmation of venue reservation and signed contracts for any vendors or speakers
- the event is held in accordance with relevant University policies and procedures.
What Not to Post
- classes and class related events
- private parties or office meetings
- meetings for individuals or small groups
- recruiting drives
- application deadlines
Only Calendar Administrators may submit events to the Appalachian Events calendar. Departments or units wishing to add events to the calendar should designate a calendar administrator. All requests for event submissions should be forwarded to the designee who can then submit them to this calendar.
Becoming a Calendar Administrator
To serve as a calendar administrator, please submit the Request an Account form. In doing so, the requestor agrees to be responsible for posting all events for their area, to ensure accuracy of each posting by reviewing event details before submitting, and to update any changes to event details in a timely fashion.
Requests are reviewed by University Communications and approved provided:
- University Communications has provided the requestor with the training needed to post and manage events, and
- The department head/supervisor has granted approval for the requestor to serve as the Calendar Administrator for his/her department or unit.
FILTER BY CATEGORY
- Academic Calendar
- Arts and Cultural
- Campus Tours
- Conferences and Workshops
- Health and Wellness
- Lectures and Seminars
- Open to the Public
- Outdoor Programs
- Public Service and Fundraising
- Special Events
- Student Events
- University Holidays
- University Housing
- University Services
- Varsity Sports
- Walker College of Business
Learn what its like to be an Appalachian student—both in and outside the classroom. The two-hour campus visit includes a presentation, a discussion of admission criteria, a walking campus tour by a student ambassador and opportunities to meet with university representatives. Campus tours are available throughout the year except for holidays and university breaks.